This bag is named after the region where I lived before I moved to the States. I actually grew up close to the area you see on the right-hand side picture and later moved to Mainz, which is a city right on the shore of the beautiful Rhine River, where I lived for eight years.
Since I like making pleats I added two pleated pockets to the front of the bag. It is actually one large divided pocket, and each compartment closes with a flap and a magnetic snap.
The finished size of this bag is 30 x 45 x 10 cm/ 12 x 18 x 4 in (height x width x depth).
- Exterior fabric: 1 m or 1 yd
- Lining fabric: 1.30 m or 1 1/3 yd
- Fusible fleece e.g. Pellon 987F: 0.60 m or 2/3 yd
- Fusible interfacing, e. g. Pellon 931 TD: 4.20 m or 4.5 yd
- 1 zipper 46 cm (18”) or longer
- 2 magnetic snaps
- 2 faux leather handles, approx. 55 cm (22”) long
If not using store bought handles you will also need:
- 4 rectangular rings, 3 cm (1.25”) width
- Add 15 cm/ 5” of lining fabric to the amount given above!
Thanks to all the testers who helped me with this project! Have a look at their bags, aren't they all amazing??