There are two different options to make the phone pocket: you can choose to make a flat version, which fits an iPhone 5 without protective case. If your phone is bigger, you might want to go with version II, which is a 3D-shaped pocket and therefore fits bigger phones, or your iPhone with its protective case.
The pdf pattern includes 17 pages of sewing instructions with 40 pictures and 1 pattern piece.
The finished size of this wallet is 9 x 18 cm (3.5 x 7 in) when closed and 35 x 18 cm (13.75 x 7 in) when opened.
- Cotton fabric: ½ m or ½ yd
- Fusible fleece e.g. Pellon 987F or heavy stabilizer e.g. Pellon Peltex 71F: 18 cm (7”)
- Fusible interfacing, e. g. Pellon 931 TD: 35 cm (55 cm wide) or 3/8 yd (22” wide)
- 1 zipper, 14 cm (5.5”) à can be longer, will be shortened to the right size later!
- 1 piece of elastic string, 13 cm (5“) long
- 1 button
- 2 pieces of ribbon 1 cm (3/8”) wide: 20 cm (8”) each
- 1 anorak snap
- optional: 1 piece of clear vinyl, 6,5 x 10 cm (2.5 x 4“) for the ID pocket
Thanks to my testers who turned in great work! But see for yourself:
Thanks again to all my testers, your wallets all turned out so nicely!
If you like what you see and want to make this wallet yourself, head over to my pattern store where the pattern is available for instant download!