But before I will tell you a bit more about this pattern, there is this:
Not too long ago I asked you to suggest names for the bag and I would like to thank all of you who did so! It was a tough choice but in the end I picked a winner:
The pdf file comes with 30 pages of instructions, 61 pictures and 9 pattern pieces. All measurements are given in centimeters and inches.
The finished size of this bag is 24 x 32 x 8 cm/ 9.5" x 12.5" x 3.25" (height x width x depth).
- Exterior fabric: 1.20 m or 1 1/4 yd
- Lining fabric: 2/3 m or 3/4 yd
- Fusible fleece e.g. Pellon 987F: 2/3 m or 3/4 yd
- Fusible interfacing, e. g. Pellon 931 TD: 1.80 m or 2 yd
- 2 O-rings (2.5 cm / 1” diameter)
- 2 magnetic snaps
- 1 piece of elastic (1 cm (3/8”) wide): approx. 32 cm or 12.5”
- 4 rivets
Thank you to all my testers who were such a great help, as always! Please check out how beautiful their bags turned out:
My "neighbor" on the other side of Lake Ontario - Natalie of Carry Hers By Natalie - also used a wool blend for her bag! I am really amazed by how good this design looks when using fabrics other than cotton. Natalie's bag will surely make a nice "winter bag".
Happy sewing :)